- Tips and Tricks for Better Applications
- Java SE Webinar Replay
- 2016 JavaOne Registration Now Open
- New Java Champion Pratik Patel
- JavaFX Applications Across Devises
- New Release JDK 8u91 and JDK 8u92
- New Java Champion Axel Fontaine
- 2016 JavaOne Call for Papers Open
- Humanoid Robot Programming with Java
- New Java Champion Gunnar Hillert
Thursday Nov 12, 2015
Monday May 18, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 18, 2015
Following Jose's instructions, you'll learn how connect a servo driver; a temperature and humidity sensor; a light and object proximity sensor; and a digital compass to the Raspberry Pi. Then, you'll see how to develop Java ME 8 classes that allow you to gather data from, write data to, and control these devices. The code for the classes is very similar, so once you understand it, you'll be able to create new classes that control additional I2C devices to create your very own IoT world.
Thursday May 15, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 15, 2014
- Create a well-implemented, innovative and useful application using Java Embedded with devices, boards or other IoT technologies.
- Make a video presenting your project.
- Fill out the Submission Form with links to your video and code.
- Quality: a well-implemented project with working code and that uses Oracle Java Embedded with computer boards, devices or IoT technologies
- Innovation: a new and innovative way of using Java Embedded
- Usefulness: a project that meets a business need
- A winning team receives prizes for up to 3 members
- Prize: JavaOne pass + up to $2,000USD for flight and hotel (Hilton – SF)
- 1st prize: JavaOne pass + up to $2,000 USD for flight and hotel
- 2nd & 3rd prize: A laptop and a certification voucher
- Submission deadline is May 30, 2014
- Winners announced June 30, 2014
- JavaOne, San Francisco 2014 from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, 2014
Thursday May 08, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 08, 2014
Monday Nov 25, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Nov 25, 2013
The robot is connected to touch and color sensors, has a gyroscope to orient and prevent it from falling, 2 motors for the wheels and another for arms, and an infrared sensor for the remote control.
Insider News from the Java Team at Oracle!