By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Nov 03, 2014
Do you want an expert to walk you through the key features of Java EE 7? At the next OTN Virtual Technology Summit (VTS), Java expert and author Josh Juneau will walk you through building a 3-tiered application with Java EE. He will take you step-by-step through the development of an application using Maven. You will learn how to add project dependencies via Maven, and perform various development tasks leveraging some new features of Java EE 7.
During the development of this application, Juneau will touch upon a handful of the Java EE technologies:
- creation of views using JSF and PrimeFaces
- binding to managed bean controllers via CDI
- utilization of the Batch Processing API
At the end of this VTS session, you will have a better understanding of how a typical Java EE application is developed. You will also know how to implement solutions using some of the latest features of Java EE.
Note: This a hands-on lab that requires you to have the following downloaded and installed *before* the session:
- Java EE 7 SDK Update 1 with GlassFish 4.1: Oracle Technology Network
- NetBeans IDE 8.0.1: https://netbeans.org/
- GlassFish Hand-on-Lab: https://glassfish.java.net/hol/
- MoviePlex Starting Sources:
The Virtual Technology Summit (VTS) are interactive, online events, sponsored by the Oracle Technology Network (OTN). VTSs are free, but you must register:
- Americas - Tuesday November 18th - 9am to 12:30pm PT / 12pm to 3:30pm ET / 1 to 4:30 pm BRT
- APAC – Wednesday November 19th / IST – 10:00am / SG – 12:30pm / AEST – 2:30pm
- EMEA – Wednesday, November 26th / 9am to 1pm BST / 10am – 2pm CET / 12pm to 4pm MSK / GST
Each VTS features four technical tracks, each with a unique focus on specific tools, technologies, and tips: Java, Database, Middleware and Systems. Registration allows you to attend any session on any track. We'll kick off the VTS with Java Community Update by Tori Wieldt. There will be places to hang out and meet other attendees between sessions. View the full agenda, abstracts, and participation instructions on the VTS Event Resources Community Space.