- Java EE Webinar Replay
- Putting Hypermedia Back in REST with JAX-RS
- Java Community Event in Japan
- Java Euro Tour
- New Java Champion Mark Heckler
- NightHacking Tour in Japan
- Microservices Hackathon
- New Java Champion Ivar Grimstad
- Java ME Embedded 8.3 Release
- Step-by-Step High Availability with Docker and Java EE
Wednesday May 25, 2016
Sunday May 22, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 22, 2016
- Raspberry Pi with Java
- Type Annotation for Static Program Analysis
- Eclipse Collections
- Jenkins 2.0
- Introduction to JShell: The Java REPL Tool
- Java EE Web Profile
- Python + GDB = Java
- Play Framework
- Java Puzzlers
- Java EE
Pictures of the event
Wednesday May 18, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 18, 2016
Welcome New Java Champion Mark Heckler!
- DialogFX & MonologFX dialog support for JavaFX before base release availability
- Autonomous4j Java library for providing general autonomic capabilities for airborne drones
- A4jMultimode Java library that provides abstractions for autonomous operations of land/air/water drones
- Implement A4jMultimode PoC by building land-based drone (robot) running Java SE Embedded on onboard Raspberry Pi
- Renewable energy monitor/control applications for IoT gateways (Java SE Embedded) and Cloud portal (Spring Boot + Cloud Foundry)
Tuesday May 10, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 10, 2016
Tuesday Apr 26, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 26, 2016
The JavaOne conference brings together Java experts and enthusiasts for an exceptional week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java. With hundreds of sessions, you will learn from the most innovative and diverse Java content. You can't afford to miss it!
September 18 - 22, 2016, San Francisco. Register now!
Wednesday Mar 30, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 30, 2016
The Java Track includes three code-heavy sessions:
Thursday Mar 24, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 24, 2016
Learn how to create reliable, fast and repeatable builds. Andrzej Grzesik presents a case study of an externally facing API project with complex dependencies and different approaches to improve processes and quality. It explores build infrastructure, from under-the-desk bare metal, through ad hoc provisioned VMs, as well as containers.
Tuesday Mar 15, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 15, 2016
How to build a Hypermedia-Driven RESTful Web Service. Sebastian Daschner describes different approaches to realize RESTful services with JavaEE 7 and JAX-RS. Watch his presentation as he shows best practices and different frameworks that accelerate your development.
Thursday Mar 03, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 03, 2016
Thursday Feb 18, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 18, 2016
By Java Magazine Editor Andrew Binstock
Welcome to the January/February issue of Java Magazine whose focus is on developing Web applications. Not so long ago, this topic would require us to cover and compare innumerable Java frameworks. But as Web apps have turned increasingly to microservices in their architecture and REST for their APIs, the need for heavyweight frameworks has decreased significantly. By and large, Spring remains the principal widely used framework. And so, we cover its latest incarnation, Spring Boot, in a lengthy tutorial, which highlights how easy it makes creating Web apps.
A companion examination of the JAX-RS library, with emphasis on lesser used capabilities that you might not realize it offers, is also included. And for readers who use some form of xFaces for the Web part of the app, we dig into OmniFaces, a well-designed utility library that integrates easily with JSF, MyFaces, PrimeFaces, RichFaces, etc.[Read More]
Insider News from the Java Team at Oracle!