- Devoxx France
- Internet of Things Workshop for Kids
- Building Robots with Java Embedded
- Java EE 8 on the Way
- Java and the Board Buffet
- Oracle Massive Open Online Course: Develop Java Embedded Applications Using a Raspberry Pi May 2014
- Hack Computer Boards with Java!
- Learn How to Plug Into the Internet of Things
- WetClipserJ: A New Kind of Tool for Java Developers
Monday Apr 14, 2014
Friday Apr 11, 2014
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 11, 2014
- Design is a Process, not a Document by Trisha Gee
- Drive by Contributions A GitHub session by Brent Beer and Matthew McCullough
- Don't be that guy! Developer Security Awareness by Markus Eisele
- Getting Started with Java EE 7 by Arun Gupta
- How To Do Kick-Ass Software Development by Sven Peters
- 55 New Features in Java SE 8 by Simon Ritter
- Comparing JVM Web Frameworks by Matt Raible
- WebSocket Applications using Java EE 7 by Arun Gupta
- Project Lambda: Functional Prog. Constructs and Simpler Concurrency in Java SE by Simon Ritter
- Java 8 Parallel Streams Workshop by Stuart Marks
The purpose of the group is to provide content to developers who cannot attend JUG meetings. It will never replace the experience of a face-to-face meetup. Simon is looking for ideas to best help existing JUGs.
Thursday Apr 10, 2014
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 10, 2014
Tuesday Apr 08, 2014
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 08, 2014
Presented by: Tom McGinn, Angela Caicedo, Jim Weaver, Simon Ritter
Thursday Apr 03, 2014
By Tori Wieldt on Apr 03, 2014
When building solutions for the Internet of Things, you must ensure that devices, hubs and data centers connect effectively, that systems integrate easily, and that applications and analytics work together seamlessly. Join Oracle for this business-focused Online Forum with our partners and customers on Thursday, April 24 to learn how you can manage the complexity of the Internet of Things, and take advantage of business opportunities you haven’t yet imagined.
A global network of billions of devices sharing data is opening up unprecedented business opportunities. How well positioned is your company to take advantage of this seismic shift?
Tuesday Apr 01, 2014
By Tori Wieldt on Apr 01, 2014
"I went to Google to figure out what to work on next, and it started finishing my queries for me, so I thought, maybe you can do the same thing with code!" explained Imperial Grand Chief TopGuy Mark Dlohnier. "I went to take out my trash," said Engineer Architect BuilderGuy Brian Ztoeg, "and thought…nevermind." Director John Illeraccec-Noilluj expects adding functionality to this new tool in later releases, such as code templates, coding tips, and refactoring tools. Perhaps even deploying to an app server with one click! Wisely, WetclipserJ only supports Java. Multi-language support just doesn't make sense in a world where developers rarely use more than one language. "I say, pick the best and you stick with it!" exclaimed Illeraccec-Noilluj.
"We like to call this new type of tool an I-D-E, but it may take a while for that acronym to catch on." Redienhcsztu explained.
|WetclipserJ (Artist's Rendering)|
Monday Mar 31, 2014
By Tori Wieldt on Mar 31, 2014
- Lambda Expressions Tutorial
- 55 New Features in Java SE 8
- Application Development with JavaFX
- Java API for WebSocket
- JAX-RS 2.0
- Concurrency Utilities for Java EE
- Java SE & ME 8 Embedded with Raspberry Pi
- Talking to the Real World with Device Access API
NOTE: These are technical sessions for developers. There will be code.
Americas: May 6th - RegisterEMEA: May 14th - Register
APAC: May 21st - Register
Register now for the best seats. ;-)
By Tori Wieldt on Mar 31, 2014
Over 9000 Java Community members attended the Java 8 Launch event. If you missed it, it is available for replay. Hear from these Java experts how Java SE 8 is a revolutionary release:
- Mark Reinhold, Chief Architect, Java Platform Group
- Brian Goetz, Java Language Architect
- Richard Bair, Java Client Architect
- Robert Vandette, Consulting Member of Technical Staff
- Roger Riggs, Consulting Member of Technical Staff
- Jim Gough, Associate Leader, London Java Community
- Bruno Souza, Founding Member, SouJava
- Adam Messinger, Chief Technology Officer, Twitter
There are also over 30 videos covering the technical features and business benefits of Java SE, Java Embedded, Java ME.
Watch technical videos.
Download Java 8.
Join the discussion on the OTN Java 8 Questions Forum.
Friday Mar 28, 2014
By Yolande Poirier on Mar 28, 2014
Thursday Mar 27, 2014
By Yolande Poirier on Mar 27, 2014
"The Gemalto concept board has 2G and 3G support, so you can send text messages, place a call, write Java Midlets and Arduino shields support" explains Vinicius Senger.
In this video, he presents step-by-step tutorials on how to configure the Gemalto boards and to create a project controlling LED lights. You can download this project as well as the fan caller demo here. Visit the IoT Developer Challenge website for more training videos. Once you have a working project, submit a video and the code of your project for a chance to win a JavaOne trip!
In the video below, Vinicius explains how to create a fan caller