- Tips and Tricks for Better Applications
- Java SE Webinar Replay
- 2016 JavaOne Registration Now Open
- New Java Champion Pratik Patel
- JavaFX Applications Across Devises
- New Release JDK 8u91 and JDK 8u92
- New Java Champion Axel Fontaine
- 2016 JavaOne Call for Papers Open
- Humanoid Robot Programming with Java
- New Java Champion Gunnar Hillert
Thursday Apr 21, 2016
Tuesday Jan 20, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jan 20, 2015
Get the full development story of the Hunt Game with those two interviews. The hunt was about tracking beacons at the Devoxx venue and throughout Antwerp for points. Peters and Seghers share details about the phone application design, user experience, and beacon placements.
Hear from Johan Vos and Peter Kuterna about the programming challenge between the front-end designed by Peter and the back-end Johan built with Java EE 7, Glassfish 4.1 and Java 8 APIs.
Wednesday Jan 07, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jan 07, 2015
Hear from Trisha Gee and Regina Ten Bruggencate as they share tips and tricks to help women and new speakers get started. They themselves are veteran speakers, members of program committees and community leaders for user groups and the Duchess organization, a community of technical women.
Wednesday Dec 10, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Dec 10, 2014
In this interview, Java Evangelist Angela Caicedo demonstrates her new jacket designed with wearable technologies. She can listen music from her favorite playlists, monitor her heart beat, and get her emails. All of it powered by a Raspberry Pi.
Tuesday Dec 09, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Dec 09, 2014
In this interview, Mark Hazel and Lucy Carey discuss a new Java knowledge sharing platform called Voxxed. The website is a “concentration of outstanding content from conferences. It includes tutorials, articles, blogs, and interviews” explains Mark. The topics cover the entire Java ecosystem: JVM, methodology, cloud, future, and mobile.Visit Voxxed.com
Monday Dec 08, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Dec 08, 2014
The Oracle Technology Network (OTN) is excited to invite you to watch the Virtual Technology Summit on demand. VTS is a great way to keep up with Java. Learn from Java Champions and Oracle experts as they share their insight and expertise.
In this second edition, you will get code-laden training on how to:
- Implement solutions using the latest Java EE features
- Use lambdas and the new streams library API
- Tune your Java applications for high performance
Watch the sessions now! Register with your email to access all the content for free.
Tuesday Nov 11, 2014
Monday Nov 10, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Nov 10, 2014
The biggest Java developer conference in Europe started today with two days of University Sessions, 3 hour labs on various Java topics.
The sessions from Oracle speakers during those two days are:
Monday, November 10
- Devoxx4Kids Workshops Lab with Stephen Chin, Daniel De Luca, and Arun Gupta
- Devoxx Future: IoT Magic Show with Stephen Chin and Angela Caicedo
Tuesday, November 11
- Rapberry Pi with Java 8 with Stephen Chin, James Weaver and Robert Savage
- Go With The Flow: Streams and Lambdas Power Lab – Hands on Labs with Simon Ritter, Stuart Marks, and Angela Caicedo,
- Birds-of-a-feather: JCP, Adopt-a-JSR, and You with Heather Van Cura
On Tuesday, attendees will get the chance to work on open source projects such as JSRs with the help of veteran contributors and spec leads at the Hackergarten.
Starting tomorrow at the Oracle booth, enter the raffle for a chance to win a Raspberry Pi. Three Raspberry Pis will be raffled off every day. Don’t miss the beer bash late in the afternoon on Tuesday and Thursday.
Check out all the Oracle sessions during Devoxx 2014
Tuesday Oct 28, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Oct 28, 2014
The Devoxx Java conference, the premier Java conference which is running from November 10 to 14, 2014 in Antwerp, Belgium, is so popular because it was designed by developers for developers. In this interview, Tori Wieldt and I talk about some of the highlights including the new Playground, the place for developers to experiment with code. Other items on the 'not to miss' list are the Hackergarten, Nighthacking and the OTN interviews. Join any of these activities located in the exhibit hall for as long as you want.
The projects and leads at the Playground are:
- 10 Raspberry Pi/s with Java 8 – Raspberry kits available
- 2 Makeblock Robots - Programming contest for a chance to win a Raspberry Pi
- 9 Lego Mindstorm Robos
- NightHacking interviews
- 3D Modeling and printing. You can create your own model to print onsite.
- LinnStrument – Arduino-based revolutionary expressive musical controller
- Leap Motion Controller – Very precise and fast arm, hand and finger tracking
- Thalmic Myo – Wireless gesture control armband
- Muse Headband – Brain sensing headband
- Touch Board – Touch and distance sensing platform
Aldebaran Robotics Team
- NAO Robot
Johan Vos and Niklas Therming
- Real cross-platform Java app on mobile devices
- Wearable sensors. Only on Wednesday from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Friday Sep 12, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 12, 2014
In a Java Magazine article, senior Java architect Hendrik Ebbers talks about his JavaOne sessions and JavaOne. "There will be some very cool JavaFX, community, open source and Internet of Things talks this year. The talks are always very professional; I have never experienced a bad one. So don't miss the talks" he explains.
- Smart UIs for Mobile and Embedded in JavaFX introduces a new JavaFX theme that is made for embedded devices and will fit perfect in all the cool new Internet of Things and mobile products.
- DataFX: From External Data to a UI Flow and Back shows how the different DataFX components make it easy to manage external data by using well-known Java technologies.
- Enterprise JavaFX, an overview of various best practices for communication between server and client, async background tasks, MVC approaches, and the designing of complex dialogue flows
- Extreme GUI Makeover. JavaFX 8, a new UI toolkit, offers a lot of amazing features to help you craft modern-looking and interactive UIs.
- The JavaFX Community and Ecosystem introduces the JavaFX ecosystem including third-party frameworks and popular knowledge base. It also illustrates the functionality and synergy effects between the libraries with a live coding session.
- Test-Driven Development with JavaFX
More about clients and user interface topics here
Insider News from the Java Team at Oracle!