- Tips and Tricks for Better Applications
- Java SE Webinar Replay
- 2016 JavaOne Registration Now Open
- New Java Champion Pratik Patel
- JavaFX Applications Across Devises
- New Release JDK 8u91 and JDK 8u92
- New Java Champion Axel Fontaine
- 2016 JavaOne Call for Papers Open
- Humanoid Robot Programming with Java
- New Java Champion Gunnar Hillert
Thursday Apr 21, 2016
Wednesday Mar 23, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 23, 2016
JavaOne Latin America
São Paulo, Brazil
June 28 - 30, 2016
The biggest Java event in Latin America is back June 28 - 30 in São Paulo. Join us for a great opportunity to learn and discuss Java, emerging languages, big data, Cloud, tools and more! Meet like-minded developers and share a fun three day conference.
Thursday Jul 31, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 31, 2014
User group leaders from around the world meet once a year at JavaOne. Each year, they organize the Forum meeting the Sunday before JavaOne. Speakers and topics are vetted by community. Anyone attending JavaOne whether they belong to a user group or not are invited to those sessions. Make sure you arrive on time for the Forum on Sunday. It starts at 8:00am at Moscone West. Among the topics this year are NetBeans community and tools, Java EE and Glassfish update, lightning talks about productivity, Java tools for Maven and Java EE, free Java tools and how to teach Java. And you don't want to miss James Gosling. He will present his latest work on the Raspberry Pi, Robots and Small Devices. If you have not registered already.
Thursday May 15, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 15, 2014
- Create a well-implemented, innovative and useful application using Java Embedded with devices, boards or other IoT technologies.
- Make a video presenting your project.
- Fill out the Submission Form with links to your video and code.
- Quality: a well-implemented project with working code and that uses Oracle Java Embedded with computer boards, devices or IoT technologies
- Innovation: a new and innovative way of using Java Embedded
- Usefulness: a project that meets a business need
- A winning team receives prizes for up to 3 members
- Prize: JavaOne pass + up to $2,000USD for flight and hotel (Hilton – SF)
- 1st prize: JavaOne pass + up to $2,000 USD for flight and hotel
- 2nd & 3rd prize: A laptop and a certification voucher
- Submission deadline is May 30, 2014
- Winners announced June 30, 2014
- JavaOne, San Francisco 2014 from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, 2014
Friday Aug 05, 2011
By Janice J. Heiss on Aug 05, 2011
Bollella believes that developers have only scratched the
surface when it comes to Java for embedded and that Java’s multi-core support,
security, multi-platform support, and networking strengths are of great value
for embedded developers.
As he states in the interview, “To create new projects we want to create a VM and library set and some tools to entice the embedded developer to use Java for their next project. So that’s my mission.”
To integrate embedded devices into a networked world is no small task. From the interview:
“You need a fairly complex software architecture to
integrate these devices into the networked world. Doing that from scratch is
pretty tough. Oracle can provide the client side piece, the piece in the
device, as well as the backend servers and the middleware. That, combined with
a very small amount of engineering from the device manufacturers, can enable
them to collect operational data on the device, time-stamp it, save it to
the local data base, and have that data be automatically synced with the
backend database and thus available for analysis and provision of new services
for the device owner.”
Read the interview here.
Insider News from the Java Team at Oracle!