- Java EE Webinar Replay
- Putting Hypermedia Back in REST with JAX-RS
- Java Community Event in Japan
- Java Euro Tour
- New Java Champion Mark Heckler
- NightHacking Tour in Japan
- Microservices Hackathon
- New Java Champion Ivar Grimstad
- Java ME Embedded 8.3 Release
- Step-by-Step High Availability with Docker and Java EE
Thursday Apr 21, 2016
Wednesday Mar 30, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 30, 2016
The Java Track includes three code-heavy sessions:
Tuesday Feb 09, 2016
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 09, 2016
Thursday Jul 23, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 23, 2015
Due to recent JavaFX ports, you can now create Java client applications that can be deployed on desktop, laptop, and embedded systems, as well as on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. In this Java Magazine recent article
Friday May 29, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 29, 2015
Also see the website for JavaFXPorts, which is an initiative from the Java Community for coordinating JavaFX porting efforts.
Tuesday Jan 20, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jan 20, 2015
Get the full development story of the Hunt Game with those two interviews. The hunt was about tracking beacons at the Devoxx venue and throughout Antwerp for points. Peters and Seghers share details about the phone application design, user experience, and beacon placements.
Hear from Johan Vos and Peter Kuterna about the programming challenge between the front-end designed by Peter and the back-end Johan built with Java EE 7, Glassfish 4.1 and Java 8 APIs.
Wednesday Sep 24, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 24, 2014
Monday Jun 30, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jun 30, 2014
Oracle Technology Network and Oracle Academy are proud to announce the winners of the IoT Developer Challenge.
Social media meets robotics. Domotics meets office design and horticulture. PINs meet voice recognition. Voting gets RFiDed. All of them making the Internet of Things come true. And, of course, built with the Java platform at the center of Things.
- Smart Greenhouse Project, a full-featured, automated greenhouse to grow indoor plants, developed by Dzmitry Yasevich, Pavel Vervenko, and Vladimir Redzhepov from Belarus
- Bot-So, a smart social robot interacting with you via Twitter, developed by Debraj Dutta, Tapas Bose, and Avinaba Majumder from India
- Lhings Connected Table, an innovative design for shared office space, developed by David Peñuela, Jose Pereda and Jose Antonio Lorenzo from Spain
- ePot Smart Gardening, a new concept of indoor gardening, developed by Mohamed Khalil Zendah, Mohamed El Mahdi, Bouzaiane, and Mahdi Attia from Tunisia
- Voice Access, a voice recognition system for authentication, developed by Viatcheslav Shkurichev, Maria Chernichenko, and Sergey Chernackij from Russia
- JCon Rates, a conference voting system, developed by Aboullaite Mohammed, Abdessamad Amzerin, and Nisrine Jafri from Morocco
Thanks to all of you for participating and supporting the Challenge!
Insider News from the Java Team at Oracle!