AMC 2.20 offers system administrators greater and easier control in managing Java version compatibility and security updates for desktops within their enterprise and for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) with Java-based applications and solutions. The highlight of this release is the Containerized version of AMC where you can install and deploy AMC on Kubernetes environment.
Key benefits of using AMC:
- Usage Tracking: AMC collects information about which Java applications are launched by which Java versions, creating an application compatibility inventory. Usage Tracking can be configured automatically through the AMC Agent, or by using the configuration properties.
- Taking Action: The Deployment Rule Set capabilities enable different Applet and Web Start applications to use different versions of Java installed on clients. This benefits organizations that must use older versions of Java or need many different Java versions for different purposes.
- MSI Customizations: System Administrators can use the Java Install Customizer tool to repackage Microsoft Windows Installers (MSI), controlling the way that Java is installed on managed systems.
Here’s what’s new in AMC 2.20:
- Containerized AMC uses WebLogic Kubernetes Operator (WKO) for deploying and managing AMC. This solution can be easily deployed in cloud or non-cloud environments and leverages scaling functionality of the operator within a Kubernetes framework. Refer to the deployment guide to know how to deploy Containerized AMC.
- WebUI provides an option to delete the application data based on the filter criteria.
- Supports Oracle WebLogic 14c.
- Security questions mechanism is introduced to improve password reset functionality.
- WebUI provides an option to lock frequent password reset activity.
To know the details of important changes and new features in this release as well as in the previous AMC releases, see the What's New In Advanced Management Console page. For additional information about AMC, see the Advanced Management Console page.
The Known Issues and Fixed Issues in this release are described in the Advanced Management Console 2.20 Release Notes.
Download AMC 2.20 now!
- If you intend to use AMC 2.20 for development and testing according to the terms set forth in the license, click here.
- If you intend to use AMC 2.20 for production use with Advanced SE products accompanied with appropriate commercial license, click here. To inquire about production use, contact your local Oracle sales representative.
Want to get started with AMC? Refer to these guides: