- Changes to Security Slider (see this blog
for additional information and the Java Control Panel
- Block Self-Signed and Unsigned applets on High Security Setting
- Require Permissions Attribute for High Security Setting
- Warn users of missing Permissions Attributes for Medium Security Setting
- Exception Site List: The Exception Site List feature allows end users to run Java applets and Java Web Start applications that do not meet the latest security requirements. Rich Internet Applications that are hosted on a site in the exception site list are allowed to run with the applicable security prompts. (See this blog for additional information and the Exception Site List documentation).
- Jarsigner updated to encourage timestamping
- Prompt users to clear previously remembered decisions
- Change in Default Socket Permissions
- Change in JAXP Xalan Extension Functions
Java SE Embedded 7 Update 51
is also now available. Java SE Embedded 7 Update 51 is based on Java Development Kit 7 Update 51 (JDK 7u51) and provides specific features and support for embedded systems. See the release notes for additional details.