Last fall, Oracle released the Java ME Embedded 8.1 developer preview for Freescale Freedomís FRDM-K64F development platform for the ARM Cortex M based Kinetis K64, K63, and K24 microcontrollers, which was followed shortly thereafter by the release of Oracle Java ME Embedded 8.1.
In his recent blog
, Terrence Barr announced the release of the Java ME Embedded 8.1 developer preview for STMicroelectronics STM32429I-EVAL board, which is a development environment for the STM32F4xx family of ARM CortexM based microcontrollers.
As noted in Barrís blog, this latest developer preview provides the following:
* Out-of-the-box support for a rich set of Java ME Embedded 8.1 functionality and APIs
* Key functionality and protocol support for networking, serial, storage, file, and peripheral I/O
* Access to the on-board screen
* Software development via Oracle Java ME SDK 8.1, including NetBeans and Eclipse integration
* A complete and ready-to-run binary to get started easily