Win a Trip to JavaOne!
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 15, 2014
There are two weeks left to enter the IoT Developer Challenge! This is your chance to win one of 12 JavaOne trips. Submit a project video and the code of an Java Embedded application using any boards, devices, IoT technology like sensors, lights, camera, and more. The final deadline is May 30.
Here's how to enter:
- Create a well-implemented, innovative and useful application using Java Embedded with devices, boards or other IoT technologies.
- Make a video presenting your project.
- Fill out the Submission Form with links to your video and code.
The projects will be judged based on quality of implementation, innovation and usefulness:
- Quality: a well-implemented project with working code and that uses Oracle Java Embedded with computer boards, devices or IoT technologies
- Innovation: a new and innovative way of using Java Embedded
- Usefulness: a project that meets a business need
Prizes will be awarded in two categories: professional and student. They include paid team trips to JavaOne 2014 for a
Professional category – 3 winning teams
- A winning team receives prizes for up to 3 members
- Prize: JavaOne pass + up to $2,000USD for flight and hotel (Hilton – SF)
Student category – 3 winning teams prizes sponsored by Oracle Academy
- 1st prize: JavaOne pass + up to $2,000 USD for flight and hotel
- 2nd & 3rd prize: A laptop and a certification voucher
- Submission deadline is May 30, 2014
- Winners announced June 30, 2014
- JavaOne, San Francisco 2014 from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, 2014
For more details, visit www.java.net/challenge