M2M Revolution: Critical Issues for End-to-End Software and Systems Development Webinar
By CassandraClark-OTN on Aug 23, 2012
M2M Revolution: Critical Issues for End-to-End Software and Systems Development / Wednesday September 12, 2012 - 12:00pm ET/ 9:00am PT
This Webinar will discuss critical systems and software issues inherent to the cost effective deployment of end-to-end, M2M systems. These factors include planning for security, manageability and adaptability.
By 2020, the profusion of new M2M Systems will create more data traffic than today's Internet of information and people combined, resulting in an "Internet of things" of over 200 billion devices. The spectrum of uses for these intelligent systems will be profound. But organizations deploying these systems, be they enterprises, service providers or government entities, will all be faced with similar challenges - How to deploy agile and scalable systems swiftly and cost-effectively while at the same time ensuring that they will be able to efficiently process, analyze, and act upon the data that they produce. This demands that any M2M system be designed from both an end-to-end and total life-cycle point of view.
This Webinar hosted by TMCnet, a leader in services for the rapidly-growing and dynamic technology and communications industries, will discuss the critical system and software issues inherent to this approach and will include key insights from industry leaders Oracle and Hitachi Communications Technologies.
- The key issues that are stumbling blocks for successfully deploying M2M solutions and services
- The business and technical drivers that will impact your M2M software and system design, manageability, and maintainability
- Best practices for system design from an end-to-end and total life-cycle perspective
- Identifying the software building blocks to adapt to the rapidly changing data and interfaces for intelligent machines, equipment and devices
- Examples of successful M2M deployments using open, secure, and standard software components