Java Magazine July/August is All About Peformance
By Tori Wieldt on Aug 16, 2013
The July/August issue of Java Magazine is all about performance. A prime example: Twitter. Learn how Twitter migrated to the JVM and now supports (at last count) 400 million tweets a day. How Oracle Team USA relies on a wireless Java system for real-time data to improve performance on the racecourse. How MapReduce allows Java developers to write programs to process, transform, and derive insights from petabyte size datasets.
Also in this issue:
- JavaOne Preview - Get ready for JavaOne! The conference returns to San Francisco, September 22–26.
- Understanding the Java Hotspot VM Code Cache
- Q&A: Java Performance Tuning - A talk with Kirk Pepperdine.
- Java 8: Lambdas - Get to know lambda expressions with Ted Neward.
- NetBeans IDE - Learn how to use NetBeans IDE to take advantage of Java EE 7.
Java Magazine is a FREE, bi-monthly, online publication. It includes technical articles on the Java language and platform; Java innovations and innovators; JUG and JCP news; Java events; links to online Java communities; and videos and multimedia demos. Subscriptions are free, registration required.
Do you have feedback about Java Magazine? Send a tweet to @oraclejavamag.