Huge Opportunity in Small Things
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Oct 03, 2012
- Devices are all around us - on 24x7, connected all the time.
- The explosion of devices is the next IT revolution.
- Java is the right solution for this space.
- Java embedded solutions provide a framework to provision, manage, and secure devices.
- Java embedded solutions also provide the ability to aggregate, process and analyze multitude of data.
- Java is one platform to program them all.
The Embedded space continues to heat up. Today, Cinterion launched the EHS5, an ultra compact, high-speed M2M communication module providing secure wireless connectivity for a wide variety of industrial applications. Last week, Oracle announced Oracle Java ME Embedded 3.2, a complete client Java runtime Optimized for resource-constrained, connected, embedded systems, Oracle Java Wireless Client 3.2, Oracle Java ME Software Development Kit (SDK) 3.2, and Oracle Java Embedded Suite 7.0 for larger embedded devices. There is a huge opportunity in small things.