Gearing up for Devoxx 2010
By Yolande Poirier on Nov 11, 2010
Devoxx, the biggest European Java developer conference, is taking place in Antwerp, Belgium next week.
Some changes came up with the Oracle speaker lineup:
- Java EE Keynote will be done by Jerome Dochez, Paul Sandoz & Linda DeMichiel
- Brian Goetz's session, "Project Lambda: To Multicore and Beyond," is now on the 1st conference day at 15:10
- Mark Reinhold's session, "The modular Java Platform," is now on the 2nd conference day at 16:40
- New 1/2 day hands-on labs for the new version of NetBeans on Monday AM (Geertjan Wielenga).
- New 1/2 day hands-on labs for Java EE 6 and GFv3 on Tuesday PM (Alexis & Antonio Goncalves)
Check the latest Oracle speaker and sponsor information online. Make sure to get to the sessions, check out the full Devoxx schedule
The organizers have couple worthwhile tips. They recommend creating your schedule in advance and getting your badge on Tuesday evening to avoid the Wednesday morning crowd trying to get to the keynote on time. Indeed you don't want to be late for Marc Reinhold, Joe Darcy and Brian Goetz keynote on the state of Java SE 7
Come by the Oracle booth for goodies and hang out with us!