Compete in the IoT Developer Challenge!
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 03, 2014
Show the world your embedded Java + Internet of Things (IoT) application for a chance to win a trip to JavaOne 2014! 12 winners will receive a trip to JavaOne 2014, the #1 place to meet world-renowned Java experts. In addition, six students will receive laptops and certification vouchers. Team up and submit the video and code of your project by May 30, 2014.
Need just a little bit of help? We will provide experts along the way -- regular "office hours." Ask questions on the Challenge forums and check the online resources. There may be some source code and solutions you can use for your project.
At previous developer challenges, we've had developers:
- Connect a doorbell to a camera, taking a picture and sending it to a cell phone when someone rings the doorbell.
- Help blind people figure out which recycling container to use ("put it in the blue can" doesn't help!)
- Control a toy monster truck from a phone (Monster Truck As A Service!)
- Connect a heart monitor to Google glass so your doctor or trainer can see your heart rate.
This short video shows them in action:
Entries will be judged based on their implementation, innovation and usefulness:
- Quality: a well-implemented project that uses Oracle Java Embedded with computer boards, devices or IoT Technologies
- Innovation: a new and innovative way of using Java Embedded.
- Usefulness: a project that meets a business need.