By Tori Wieldt on Jun 13, 2013
Java EE 7 has arrived, with lots of new tools designed to make you more productive and let you add new capabilities to your Web applications. The May/June issue of Java Magazine focuses on what's new and notible in Java EE 7—including HTML 5 support, WebSockets, JAX-RS, JSON, batch processing, concurrency, and more. There are interviews and and hands-on articles that help you get up to speed with Java EE 7 right away. Also, articles on Java in Action and a great code teaser on JPA.
In this issue:
- Java EE 7 Arrives —Oracle’s Anil Gaur on the evolution of Java EE
- Boosting Developer Productivity—Increase your productivity with updated specs and new APIs in Java EE 7.
- Embracing HTML5— Discover new features in Java EE 7 for creating next-generation Web apps.
- Slam Dunk— Java takes ESPN.com to the winner’s circle.
- Banking on Java— A Java EE–based system brings stability to Brazil’s complex financial market.
- Advanced Operations with Lambdas—Ben Evans and Martijn Verburg conclude their series on lambda expressions.
- Build an Instagram Java ME Application—Vikram Goyal shows you how.
Java Magazine is a FREE, bi-monthly, online publication. It includes technical articles on the Java language and platform; Java innovations and innovators; JUG and JCP news; Java events; links to online Java communities; and videos and multimedia demos. Subscriptions are free, registration required. Java Magazine is also available for the iPad and iPhone. Download your issue today on the Apple iTunes App Store.
Do you have feedback about Java Magazine? Send a tweet to @oraclejavamag.