By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 26, 2015
Josh is a contributor to open-source projects like Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Activiti, and Vaadin. He is also a JVM and Java 8 advocate.
In his blog, he focuses on various topics such as Activiti, 12 Factor App configuration, Couchbase, Enterprise Application Integration, REST, JHipster, Neo4J, Security, NoSQL, microservices, centralized configuration, distributed transactions using JTA, and mobile applications using Android.
Josh is the lead instructor on the three Spring Livelessons training courses (Spring, REST with Spring, and Microservices with Spring) by Addison Wesley. The third has not yet been released, but the first two were in the top 10 of all videos on the O'Reilly Safari technical marketplace in the same list as videos on “Java” and ”.NET.”
- Apress' "Spring Enterprise Recipes"
- Apress' "Spring Recipes, 2nd Edition"
- O'Reilly's "Pro Spring Roo"
- Apress' "Pro Spring Integration"
- He’s currently working on an upcoming book for O'Reilly that has a working title, "Bootiful Microservices"