Introduction to OpenESB tutorial
By jason on Jan 25, 2008
I've created a set of screencasts showing how to build a simple composite application using OpenESB. The goal is to build something simple which shows multiple Service Engines and Binding Components to reinforce the concepts of Java Business Integration. The Demo Project is an over simplified Loan Application Process (there is an unwritten rule that all vendor demos must use a banking applications :). The composite application consists of the following parts:
- the process orchestration is implemented in BPEL
- the process should be exposed to Applicants as a WS-I Basic Profile compliant webservice
- the process invokes a JavaEE EJB to performing the processing of the loan application
- after processing, the process invokes a ReportMail Service which is running remotely and can only be communicated with through JMS
- finally, the capability to invoke the Loan Application Process through the file systems (e.g., incoming ftp msg) in addition to a webservice endpoint is added.