GlassfishESB Introduction Tutorial
By jason on Dec 09, 2008
The GlassfishESB Introduction Tutorial also adds a fifth installment which shows how to persist data to a database using the Database Binding Component.
- the process orchestration is implemented in BPEL
- the process is exposed to Applicants as a WS-I Basic Profile compliant webservice
- the process invokes a JavaEE EJB without making an over-the-wire webservice call.
- after processing, the process invokes a ReportMail Service which is exposed via JMS
- the Loan Application Process is then invoked through the file systems (e.g., incoming ftp msg) in addition to the webservice endpoint.
- finally, the tutorial shows how BPEL can be used to persist data in a database - for those times when it makes sense to expose database operations at the service level.
If you would like to understand more about what is happening under the covers you can also check out the Introduction Screencast which manually walks through the example and shows how the Java Business Integration run-time provides the loose coupling needed to make everything work together.