Blog about GlassFish for a chance to Win a 52-Inch LCD HD TV
By janeyoung on May 01, 2007
Not only is GlassFish V2 the first OpenSource AppServer with clustering and loadbalancing support, it also includes the following:
- Web Services Interoperability Technology (WSIT, aka Project Tango) - Microsoft interoperability
- NetBeans IDE integrated experience
- Native SOA support through Java Business Integration (JBI)
- Web 2.0 application development using Ajax, Scripting and REST
- User Friendly (asadmin is CLIP compliant so commands/options are simple, intuitive and resemble Unix commands)
- Environment Variable Support for Option Values (set AS_ADMIN_<option_name>=<option_value> in the OS environment and you don't need to specify it on the command line. This feature does not support password option)
- Comprehensive manpage built-in (asadmin <command> --help or asadmin help <command> will display Unix like manpage of the command)
- Password Security (passwords are not visible on commad line)
- Finding Closest Matching Commands (see previous blog)
I'd love to have a new TV but I am not qualified to participate in this contest so I encourage you all to blog about GlassFish for a chance to win a 52-inch LCD HD TV.
BTW: This contest is open to outside of US. See contest disclosures for list of countries.