Ant support in GlassFish
By janeyoung on May 31, 2007
During JavaOne I was told that people were asking if GlassFish has ant tasks support.
The answer is YES, GlassFish provides an ant utility called "asant". "asant" is a wrapper script that calls ant. ant 1.6.5 is included in GlassFish V2. Using "asant" will allow you to use the built-in ant tasks to administer/configure/deploy application to GlassFish Application Server.
Following are the supported built-in ant tasks:
- sun-appserv-deploy -- deploys J2EE components to GlassFish
- sun-appserv-undeploy -- undeploys J2EE components from GlassFish
- sun-appserv-component -- enables/displabes J2EE components
- sun-appserv-admin -- executes asadmin subcommands
- sun-appserv-jspc -- pre-compiles of JSP source code
- sun-appserv-update -- deploys application (EAR) and standalone modules (EJB, JAR, RAR, WAR) to be updated and reloaded.
- sun-appserv-instance -- lifecycle of GlassFish instances
- wsimport -- imports JAX-WS portable artifacts
- wsgen -- generates JAX-WS portable artifacts used in JAX-WS web services
- JBI OpenESB Tasks