BEA Product Documentation is Moving to Oracle.com Websites
By james.bayer on Aug 24, 2009
As part of the decommissioning of bea.com websites to oracle.com websites, edocs.bea.com is going to be shutdown at the end of August 2009. This means if you have bookmarked or linked to edocs in other places, those links will break. Metalink Note 876228.1 has the official announcement on the support website.
The new OTN URL for legacy BEA releases is:
The new OTN URL for legacy WLS releases is:
My Documentation Tips
In case you forget or misplace these URL’s it’s helpful to know how to navigate there from scratch. Let me give you a short tour that will at least point you on how to find the older WebLogic Server release documentation. The documentation for the 11g release of middleware (powered by WebLogic 10.3.1) has a new look and feel compared to edocs. You can always find the documentation by starting at OTN http://www.oracle.com/technology/.
- There is a drop-down menu that will take you to the middleware documentation. http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/middleware.html
- If you click through to the 11g html library you’ll land at a page like this: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/index.htm
- There is a link in the left column to drill down into WebLogic Server which takes you here: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/wls.htm
- On the bottom right-hand side of the WLS page you’ll see the links to the older releases.
Personally the way I like to use the documentation is via google search.
I have a keyboard shortcut that allows me to type “wls securing web applications” which then automatically opens a the google search for:
- site:http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/ securing web applications
Check out the results, it works pretty well.