Simple Oracle IRM demonstration
By Simon Thorpe on Jan 30, 2009
The following is a very simple set of instructions to demonstrate how easy it is to use Oracle IRM. Below are three sealed documents that have been protected using Oracle IRM. Before you can play with them, you need to create an account and download/install the Oracle IRM Desktop.
- Register an Oracle IRM evaluation account on this blog
- Download and install the Oracle IRM desktop, you can do this from the links during the registration process or by going to the Oracle IRM download site
- Download file Open the Announcement document. You will be prompted to authenticate and to change your password. As you login, please select the Login Automatically option. The announcement is read-only and its header indicates its classification and your IRM identity. The document suggests some simple tests that show how IRM is protecting the document.
- Download file Open the Business Plan. The Business Plan is editable, but still protected. You can change the content, and cut and paste within the document, and to other documents sealed to the same context, but you cannot paste to an unsealed document. Again, the document contains some simple tests and the header reveals the classification.
- Download file The Chairman's presentation is not accessible to you, but provides a constructive denial message that explains that this is a board document and provides contact details of the business users who might grant you access if appropriate. As a user, you can understand why you are denied access, and you know what to do if you think you need to be granted access.
If you want to learn more and use our evaluation service to protect your own documents and look at the technology in more detail, please contact us.