Now that SOA Cloud service is available, you can extend it with scheduling quite easily. Some of the scheduling use cases are the following.
- You want to do bulk transfers of records from a pull adapter to a push adapter periodically.
- You want to schedule a cloud endpoint by scheduling a SOA composite that invokes a cloud adapter.
- You want to take advantage of native OOTB integration between ESS and SOA for things like adapter activate/deactivate, bulk fault recovery, etc.
- You want to orchestrate a set of jobs using BPEL or JobSets
Extending SOA Cloud Service with ESS is easy. However please be aware that although the procedure below is certified for on prem, it is not yet certified for SOACS. I have not tried this with SOA CS but likely it will work. However the best solution is to wait a little until ESS is supported with SOA CS. .
- Shut down all servers.
- Run RCU in oracle_common/bin to create the ESS schema with the same prefix as SOA schema.
- Run config.sh in oracle_common/common/bin.
- Select the ESS Basic template and the Enterprise Manager plugin for ESS template.
- target the user extensible server group ESS-MGD-SVRS to the SOA Managed servers.
- Delete ess_server1