The SOA Suite Team is excited to announce the early access availability of Oracle SOA Suite on Containers and Kubernetes. This program will lead to certification of SOA Suite deployment using Containers on Kubernetes in Production environments
The scope of eventual deliverable is as follows
- Provide Container images for Oracle SOA Suite including Oracle Service Bus
- Certify these Container images for deployment on Kubernetes for Production workloads
In later phases, we will expand certification to additional components based on feedback received from the Early Access program
With growing adoption of Containers and Kubernetes in Datacenters, this effort targets
- Supporting Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus Containers in Production environments
- Enable Datacenter consolidation/modernization efforts
- Enable SOA Suite's co-existence with cloud native applications
Following are the salient features of this release
- Container images created using Oracle SOA Suite 184.108.40.206 release
- Certified deployment using Weblogic Operator (2.4) to deploy and manage Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus with ease
- Support for searching and analyzing logs with ease using the ELK Stack
- Integration to Powerful metrics collection and alerting system with Prometheus and Graphana
- Support for multiple Load Balancers like Traefik, Voyager, and NGINX
As part of the release, we are making supporting files, deployment scripts, and samples available on GitHub. You can access them here
The requirements for the Operator are as follows:
- Oracle Linux 7 (UL5+) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (UL4+)
- Kubernetes 1.13.5+,1.14.3+ and 1.15.2+ (check with kubectl version).
- Flannel networking v0.11.0-amd64 (check with docker images | grep flannel).
- Docker 18.9.1 (check with docker version).
- Helm 2.14.3+ (check with helm version).
- Oracle FMW Infrastructure Container Image 220.127.116.11 (Download from OCR fmw-infrastructure:18.104.22.168-200109)
- Oracle SOA Suite 22.214.171.124.0 + Latest CPU (30638100: 126.96.36.199 Bundle Patch 191208 (188.8.131.52.191208.1658.0113))
- Oracle Database 12c or above
Please note that you may encounter the following limitations : https://oracle.github.io/fmw-kubernetes/soa-domains/installguide/prerequisites/#limitations
We are actively soliciting your feedback. You can provide feedback using -
Slack : #soa-k8s on oracle-weblogic.slack.com
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/oracle/weblogic-kubernetes-operator/tree/master/kubernetes/samples/scripts/create-soa-domai