By Calvin Glenn-Oracle on Jun 23, 2015
The emergence of value-based contracting models represents an evolution in clinical and payment methodologies aimed at creating better quality outcomes, greater provider accountability, and improving cost efficiency.
As a quick introduction to the topic, we’ve created a short video that examines the background and emerging payment models.
- Watch the short video: Emerging Healthcare Value-based Payment Models
In a recent Webcast with FierceHealthPayer, Richard Lieberman, Chief Data Scientist at Mile High Healthcare Analytics and Oracle’s Kathy McCarthy, Director of Sales Consulting, discuss the shift from fee-for-service to value-based payments. Some of the topics discussed are:
- How the transitions to value-based payments are being accomplished
- Where are the success stories
- How the new models of capitation are different from capitation of old
- Integrating accountability into value-based payment models
Richard and Kathy examine the technology needed to accomplish these payments, what types of systems/models are suited to this new paradigm and how this technology can be delivered to your organization. They also discuss where and how cloud technology can fit into your transition.
- Watch the webcast on demand: The Changing World of Value-Based Payments
For more information on Oracle’s solutions for healthcare payers, visit oracle.com/insurance.
Don’t forget to keep up with us year-round: