Oracle Announces Oracle Insurance Policy Administration for Life and Annuity 9.4
By firstname.lastname@example.org on Jun 20, 2011
Today's global insurers require the ability to provide higher levels of service and quickly bring to market life insurance and annuity products that not only help them stand out from the competition, but also stay current with local legislation. To succeed, they require agile and flexible core systems that enable them to meet the unique localization requirements of the markets in which they operate, whether in North America, Asia Pacific or the Pan-European Region.
The release of Oracle Insurance Policy Administration for Life and Annuity 9.4, announced today, helps insurers meet this need with expanded international market capabilities that enable them to reduce risk and profitably compete wherever their business takes them. It offers expanded multi-language along with unit-linked product and fund processing capabilities that enable regional and global insurers to rapidly configure and deliver localized products – along with providing better service for end users through a single policy admin solution.
Key enhancements include:
- Kanji/Kana language support, pre-defined content, and imperial date processing for the Japanese market
- New localization flexibility for configuring and managing international mailing addresses along with regional variations for client information
- Enhanced capability to calculate unit-linked pricing and valuation, in addition to market-based processing and pre-configured unit linked content
- Expanded role-based security and masking capability to further protect sensitive customer data
- Enhanced capability to restrict processing specified activities based on time of day and user role, reducing exposure to market timing risks
- Further capability to eliminate duplicate client records, helping to reduce underwriting risks and enhance servicing through a single view of the client
"The ability to leverage a single, rules-driven policy administration system for multiple global operation centers can help insurers realize significant improvements in speed to market, customer service, compliance with regional regulations, and consolidation efforts,” noted Celent's Craig Weber, senior vice president, Insurance. “We believe such initiatives are necessary to help the industry address service and distribution imperatives."
Helping our customers meet these mission-critical business imperatives is a key objective for Oracle Insurance. Active, ongoing dialogue with our customers is an important part of the process to help understand how our solutions are and can continue to help them achieve success in the marketplace. I had the opportunity to meet with several of our insurance customers at the Oracle Insurance Policy Administration Client Advisory Board meeting last week in Philadelphia, Penn. (View photos on the Oracle Insurance Facebook page.) It was a great forum for Oracle Insurance and our clients. Discussion centered on the latest business and IT trends, with opportunities to learn more about the latest release of Oracle Insurance Policy Administration for Life and Annuity and other Oracle Insurance solutions such as data warehousing / business intelligence, while exchanging best practices for product innovation and servicing customers and sales channels.
Helen Pitts is senior product marketing manager for Oracle Insurance's life and annuities solutions.