American Modern Insurance Group recognized at 2010 INN VIP Best Practices Awards
By Lynne Sampson on May 25, 2010
Below: Helen Pitts (right), Oracle Insurance, congratulates Bruce Weisgerber, Munich Re, as he accepts a VIP Best Practices Award on behalf of American Modern Insurance Group.
Oracle Insurance Senior Product Marketing Manager Helen Pitts is attending the 2010 ACORD LOMA Insurance Forum this week at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada, and will be providing updates from the show floor.
This is one of my favorite seasons of the year--insurance trade show season. It is a time to reconnect with peers, visit with partners, make new industry connections, and celebrate our customers' achievements. It's especially meaningful when we can share the experience of having one of our Oracle Insurance customers recognized for being an innovator in its business and in the industry.
Congratulations to American Modern Insurance Group, part of the Munich Re Group. American Modern earned an Insurance Networking News (INN) 2010 VIP Best Practice Award yesterday evening during the 2010 ACORD LOMA Insurance Forum. The award recognizes an insurer's best practice for use of a specific technology and the role, if feasible, that ACORD data standards played as a part of their business and technology.
American Modern received an Honorable Mention for leveraging the Oracle Documaker enterprise document automation solution to:
- Improve the quality of communications with customers in high value, high-touch lines of business
- Convert thousands of page elements or "forms" from their previous system, with near pixel-perfect accuracy
- Increase efficiency and reusability by storing all document elements (fonts, logos, approved wording, etc.) in one place
- Issue on-demand documents, such as address changes or policy transactions to multiple recipients at once
- Consolidate all customer communications onto a single platform
- Gain the ability to send documents to multiple recipients at once, further improving efficiency
- Empower agents to produce documents in real time via the Web, such as quotes, applications and policy documents, improving carrier-agent relationships
Munich Re's Bruce Weisgerber accepted the award on behalf of American Modern from Lloyd Chumbly, vice president of standards at ACORD. In a press release issued after the ceremony Chumbly noted, "This award embodies a philosophy of efficiency--working smarter with standards, these insurers represent the 'best of the best' as chosen by a body of seasoned insurance industry professionals."
We couldn't agree with you more, Lloyd. Congratulations again to American Modern on your continued innovation and success. You're definitely a VIP in our book!
To learn more about how American Modern is putting its enterprise document automation strategy into practice, click here to read a case study.
Helen Pitts is senior product marketing manager for Oracle Insurance.