You’ve heard it before. Cloud will increase efficiencies, provide flexible scalability, and lower your CapEx investments. However, you may not be comfortable putting your data into a public cloud, no matter how many security reassurances you get. You may be in a highly regulated in industry or have government or corporate mandates to have data close by. Or you may face serious performance and latency issues for high availability workloads because the nearest cloud data center facility is too far away. There are limited cost-effective choices here.
Rest assured, there is an answer: Oracle Cloud at Customer, which provides operational flexibility with new ways of sourcing cloud service for critical workloads, no matter your approach. Today, the services consists of Oracle Cloud Machine (bringing cloud benefits to middleware and application layer) and Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine (cloud-model for Oracle databases). It’s the ability to have all the benefits of the cloud, but without the uneasiness of having your data reside outside of your data center. It is not a hybrid cloud model – this is the same public Oracle Cloud, managed by Oracle, but it’s behind your firewall. That means as you continue to consolidate your databases and modernize your application workloads, they can easily move from your data center to the public Oracle Cloud - when you are ready. And, you only pay for what you use, only offered by Oracle.
Here are the top 5 reasons companies are adopting Cloud at Customer:
- Data Sovereignty – For your company, it’s simple. You need data close by, and the public Oracle Cloud data center is too far away or may be in another country altogether. Oracle Cloud at Customer means that you can keep the data in your own data center. You find the space in your data center to install the Oracle Cloud Machine or Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine, and the Oracle teams install and maintain the Cloud there.
- Control– You don’t have to be a control freak to worry about security.You worry that the security in the public Cloud is not strong enough for your data.Oracle Cloud Machine and Exadata Cloud Machine enable you to fully integrate with your own security in your data center so you can stay comfortable with the level of security that is enforced for your data in the cloud.
- Latency – Your applications and data are being accessed by your employees, partners and customers, and they need lightning-fast response times.You can’t afford to wait if the public data center is too far away and throwing more bandwidth at the problem means more cost and complexity. or the security is slowing you down.With Oracle Cloud at Customer in your data center, you can be assured that responses are lightning fast and nobody will be waiting to get an answer that they need.
- Compliance – You are in a highly regulated industry that requires you to keep your data locally.Some government regulations require that you have to keep your data in your local data center.With Oracle Cloud at Customer, you can do that.Your data stays in your data center, but you don’t have to worry about the expense and time of managing it.Oracle does that.
- Cloud experiments – You want to just test the waters with putting your applications in the cloud. With Oracle Cloud Machine, you can do that. Because your workloads can be easily transferred between Oracle Cloud Machine and the public Oracle Cloud, you can develop and test the application first in your data center, then roll it out to the public Cloud when you’re ready.
Give Oracle Cloud at Customer a try. All the benefits of the Cloud with in your own data center. See how others are doing it at the Oracle Cloud at Customer page.