IDC predicts that by 2025, the world will produce 175 ZB of data, up from about 33 ZB at the end of last year. That’s a staggering growth rate of 61 percent. IDC Senior VP David Reinsel explains that one zettabyte equals a trillion gigabytes. If you multiply that by 175, you realize that’s an almost incomprehensible amount of data.
But the only data that really matters is your business’ data. Your business doesn’t run without it. It also represents a big chunk of your IT budget.
Can Backup Really Be So Easy?
You know that you need to back up your data to protect it against physical failures like component or network failure or file deletion and corruption. Logical failures like operational or human errors present another risk. Finally, your business can experience site failures.
Wouldn’t it be nice if backup were as simple as 1, 2, 3?
Enter Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) Easy Cloud Backup, which integrates ODA and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Cloud Backup. It allows you to backup to Oracle Cloud through a single interface and develop an effective recovery strategy. Plus, you don’t have to maintain any hardware on-premise to store the backup; it all happens in the cloud. Oracle keeps your backup data safe for recovery when you need it.
Using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), you can make online backups of an Oracle Database without requiring the database to be brought down. Rather than one large backup once a day, the cloud backup backs up the database archive every 15 minutes so that you have the confidence that your data is always up-to-date.
It really is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to set up your backup policy:
1. Log into Oracle Database Appliance and store your cloud credentials.
2. Create a backup policy.
3. Attach it to a database.
Recovery is just as easy. Just log into the ODA interface, then choose to recover from the latest backup available or select one from an earlier point in time.
Not only that, but there are no upfront hardware costs to worry about. You pay only for the storage you use without having to worry about running out of tapes or local storage. Because it’s the cloud, you can scale capacity up or down to meet your business’ needs.
It’s Perfect for a Wide Range of Use Cases
Enterprises can take advantage of ODA Easy Backup for a wide variety of uses:
• Active archive storage for data that needs to be accessible infrequently
• Database cloning when you need a copy of a database from a particular point in time
• Lift-and-shift workload migrations to move workloads from on-premise to the cloud
• Backup and recovery to ensure that data can be recovered from any point in time after a failure
• Test and development before rolling applications into production
• Management of standby databases with Data Guard Disaster Recovery so production Oracle Databases survive disasters and data corruptions
ODA Simplifies Database Deployment and Backup and Recovery
Oracle Database Appliance is a fully integrated software and hardware solution purpose-built and optimized for Oracle Database and applications, speeding deployment, reducing risk, and providing capacity on demand. It eliminates all the complexity of do-it-yourself database setup and deployment as well as backup and recovery. Instead of assembling dozens of components from multiple vendors and continually testing, tuning, and reconfiguring, deployment takes just 30 to 90 minutes with one component, one button for installation, and one vendor for all your support. Plus, your solution can be maintained by a single DBA rather than a team of network, storage, and system admins—drastically reducing time and resources needed for deployment, maintenance, and support.
Optimized for Oracle Database and applications, ODA offers tight integration of all Oracle hardware, firmware, OS, database, and applications in a fully redundant platform designed for real application clusters. Proven best practices for configurations and database deployments are built in, as are high availability and disaster recovery.
ODA Easy Cloud Backup Provides Seamless Backup to Cloud
In a nutshell, here are the advantages of Oracle Database Appliance Easy Cloud Backup:
• You’ll save money with no hardware costs associated with on-premise data backup and no team of IT specialists to manage backup and recovery.
• Reliability will increase over on-premise solutions.
• It’s easy to set up and manage.
• You can create archive backup for compliance.
• Security is built in for your data in transit and at rest in the cloud.
Watch this quick 2-minute video to see how easy Oracle Database Appliance Easy Cloud Backup is.