Standalone Weblogic domain for ADF 188.8.131.52
By Dmitry Nefedkin on Jan 11, 2012
- Install Oracle Weblogic 10.3.5
- Install Application Development Runtime 184.108.40.206
- Follow support.oracle.com note How To Install the ADF Runtime Libraries 11g Release 2 in WebLogic Sever 10.3.5 ? [ID 1328698.1]. For ADF 220.127.116.11.0 you must:
- install patch 12979653
- install patch 12917525
- start WLST from $MW_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin and issue the following command in the offline mode: upgradeADF('<your Domain Path>'). Note that at this moment you do not have the domain yet, so you may be tempted to skip this step at all (as I did the first time).
- Start Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard - $MW_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin/config.cmd(sh), create new Weblogic domain, pick the following products on "Generate a domain configured automatically to support the following products" page:
- Oracle JRF - 18.104.22.168 [oracle_common]
- Oracle Enterprise Manager - 22.214.171.124 [oracle_common]
I strongly recommend you to install Enterprise Manager (a.k.a. FMW Control) for standalone ADF domains, because it contains a lot of useful features and can help you to deploy/manage ADF applications with ease.
- Continue domain creation by specifying domain name and location, admin user credentials, start mode and JDK, admin and managed server settings (by the way it's recommended to create the managed servers for deploying your ADF apps in QA/Stage/Prod environments), machines and clusters if you need them.
Now you can try to start Administration Server of your new domain, it even changes its state to RUNNING, but Enterprise Manager application (em) fails with the following error in the log:
Do not forget, that if you're planning to deploy ADF apps to the Managed Servers of your domain, you should target all ADF-related shared libraries to the corresponding managed servers. The easiest way to do it is to start FMW Control (http://<host>:<admin_server_port>/em), find the Managed Server in the Weblogic domain tree and press the Apply JRF Template button. Managed servers should be restarted after this action.
That's just the basic steps required, I have not covered ADF Security, MDS configuration, Web Tier setup, clustering, e.t.c. So I hope to return to these topics later.