Oracle Cloud Expands with New Offerings - OOW2013
By Thanos Terentes Printzios on Oct 14, 2013
Oracle powers the top 10 SaaS providers, thousands of SaaS applications, and many of the world’s private clouds. All of these rely on a robust cloud platform that provides applications with rich functionality with high performance, elasticity, availability and security. Oracle Cloud offers a broad range of modern, functionally rich and integrated services running in a secure, enterprise and standards-based cloud platform.
Let's now take a closer look on the Oracle Cloud Platform, supporting a wider variety of workloads, focusing on the three major announcements:
- Oracle Database as a Service helps customers and partners develop and deploy applications by providing:
- Dedicated database instance(s), running on Oracle VM virtualization based on tested configurations.
- Support for any database application, language or connection method.
- Flexible administrative control of the database.
- Oracle Java as a Service helps customers and partners develop and deploy Java applications by providing:
- Dedicated Oracle WebLogic Server clusters, running on Oracle VM virtualization based on tested configurations.
- Support for any Java application.
- Flexible administrative control of the application server.
- Automated and simplified patching, backup and recovery, cloning, and other lifecycle operations.
- Designed for high availability with Oracle’s Maximum Availability Architecture.
“The point,” according to Thomas Kurian, “is to make your IT department into heroes.”
- Oracle Infrastructure as a Service, comes in two key components: storage and computing, and helps customers and partners develop and deploy applications through:
- Elastic compute service which is compatible with OpenStack™ Nova and provides virtual CPUs to which Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder assemblies and Oracle VM templates may be deployed.
Compute Cloud enables you to leverage elastic compute capabilities to run any workload in the cloud. It is secure, enterprise-grade, fully configurable and provides robust monitoring capabilities.
- Elastic block storage in the form of direct attached, network attached, or DBMS-backed storage that is fully persistent and portable between Oracle Cloud services.
Object Storage Cloud provides users with a highly-available, redundant, and secure object store for persisting large amounts of unstructured data.
- Object storage for various Oracle Cloud services and compatibility with OpenStack Swift to support Java and REST APIs.
with Oracle Infrastructure as a Service you can run any workload in the Oracle Cloud, leveraging identity management, caching, messaging, and data and document sync. Storage is high performance and instantly scalable, and provides high availability. Computing is fully isolated—users have full root access—and secure. Nobody else can access your virtual machine environment. You have the same control and power as an on-premise data center, but more flexibility and adaptability. And Oracle manages it so you don’t have to.
Other New Services include
- Business Intelligence Cloud: Enables users to analyze data with visual, interactive dashboards for the Web and mobile devices. Provides self-service data loading, modeling, analysis, and application administration capabilities in the cloud without the assistance of IT.
- Documents Cloud: Provides a flexible, self-service file sharing and collaboration solution with mobile and desktop sync, robust security, and integration with on-premise and cloud applications.
- Mobile Cloud: Simplifies enterprise mobile connectivity, enabling enterprises to build any application, for any device connected to any data source with enterprise-grade security.
- Database Backup Cloud: Enables businesses to backup Oracle Databases to the Oracle Cloud. Also allows replication of backups from the Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance to Oracle Cloud.
- Billing and Revenue Management Cloud: Enables enterprises with robust and highly scalable subscription billing to capture recurring revenues from new services. Checkout the Oracle Press Release
- Cloud Marketplace: Provides a global marketplace where partners can publish applications and customers can browse through and discover new solutions to address their business needs.At launch, Oracle Cloud Marketplace features more than 100 applications from Oracle partners, in the areas of channel management, lead generation, data quality, reporting, productivity tools, quoting, contract management, forecasting, sales incentives, and compensation management. Checkout the Oracle Press release and this overview video
These new services join the following Oracle Cloud services:
- Oracle Cloud Application Services portfolio includes Global HR Cloud, Talent Management Cloud, ERP Cloud, Supply Chain Management Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Enterprise Planning Cloud, and Financial Reporting Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud Social Services portfolio includes Oracle Social Network, Social Marketing, Social Engagement and Monitoring, and Social Data and Insight.
- Oracle Cloud Platform Services portfolio includes Database Cloud, Java Cloud, and Developer Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services portfolio includes Storage Cloud and Messaging Cloud.
The new services expand Oracle’s portfolio of Application, Social, Platform and Infrastructure Services and are all available on a subscription basis. Oracle Cloud partners are able to refer and resell the new Oracle Cloud Platform and Infrastructure services through the existing Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Cloud programs. On OPN you can learn more about Oracle's Cloud programs and discover the program that's right for you. Oracle Referral and Resale programs, which were announced last year at OpenWorld 2012, are part of the general offering to partners on the cloud. You can find out more through our past webcast on Oracle on the Cloud and some more recent blog posts about Oracle Cloud Services, Oracle Public Cloud for ISVs, etc
For any questions please contact us at partner.imc-AT-beehiveonline.oracle-DOT-com