A few days ago, Oracle has announced the general availability of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database Management.
Oracle has been a leader in Database Management for decades, and now these unique capabilities are available in Oracle Cloud. The new Database Management service brings the best of Oracle’s industry-leading capabilities from Enterprise Manager into Oracle Cloud. The service provides maximum customer choice through innovations in both cloud and on-premises manageability offerings.
Oracle Database Management provides comprehensive database performance and management capability for all flavors of Oracle Databases including Oracle Cloud and On-premises, that significantly reduce the burden on DBAs by providing a full-lifecycle solution encompassing monitoring, performance management, tuning, and database administration. Database Management is part of the Oracle Cloud Observability and Management platform.
Database Management is designed to help you prevent potential outages in your key applications by providing performance diagnostics capabilities that simplify diagnosing performance issues for administrators and ensure quicker resolution of performance bottlenecks. The service also provides advanced management and administration of your databases to proactively detect and identify the root cause of performance issues, perform database administrative operations like run SQL jobs across a fleet of databases, etc.
Database Management service feature summary
Fleet monitoring and management
- A unified user interface to monitor multiple Oracle Database services deployed within OCI compartments
- Enhanced ability to proactively detect and identify the root cause of performance issues across a fleet of databases
- Respond to performance and configuration related alerts
- A unified user interface to monitor multiple Oracle Database services deployed across OCI compartments
- Automate database fleet management for better operational efficiency
- Define routine database jobs that will run against a set of databases on a schedule
You can monitor a specific database from the Database Summary page to monitor key Database metrics:
- DB Time and Average Active Sessions
- IO Throughput and Bandwidth
- Database Memory Components
- System and User Tablespace
Create and run jobs using your own custom SQL, PL/SQL scripts
- Create a job
- View or edit the job definition
- Clone and delete a job
- Post and view results in OCI Object Storage Service
Get started today by reviewing the Technical Documentation
Attend the Partner Deep Dive Oracle Database Management Cloud Service by signing in here
Attend this webcast to learn the following key takeaways
- Automatically tune performance, proactively detect and resolve root-cause of issues across a fleet of databases
- Create standard practices for database fleet management (e.g. automate patching and configuration management)
- Single pane of glass for Oracle Databases across OCI (including VM/BM, ExaCS, ExaCC, Autonomous DB, etc.), 3rd party clouds and on-premises
David LeRoy is an Oracle Product Management Director
No fee for active Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Members.
Join Oracle’s Global Partner Enablement LinkedIn Group to find Oracle Partner enablement resources that will help you grow your business and deliver customer success.
Registration: This event is restricted to active OPN Members. When registering, you will be asked to login using an Oracle single sign-on account that is registered to an active OPN Company ID. If you do not have an Oracle account that has been registered to your OPN Company ID, please create / setup your account from Oracle Partner Store. Note: Only business email addresses are accepted for event registration.