By user12609091 on Jun 02, 2009
The first preview release of the Java EE 6 Tutorial was released yesterday.
Get it by installing the Java EE 6 SDK Preview and ugprading the Java EE 6 Tutorial package using the Update Tool.
We've got a bunch of new material and examples in this release, including:
- JavaServer Faces 2.0, including Facelets, an XHTML-based display technology that is much easier than JSP.
- JAX-RS 1.1, the RESTful web services API.
- EJB 3.1, which really simplifies EJB development, and allows you to package enterprise beans within web applications.
- The Java Persistence API 2.0, with support for collections (including Maps) within entities, mixed field/property access, and orphan removal for one-to-many and one-to-one relationships.
- Servlet 3.0, which now uses annotations to truly make the web.xml deployment descriptor optional.
Our mailing lists provide another way of giving feedback, and are also good places to start if you're interested in contributing source code or material for the Java EE 6 Tutorial.