Wednesday Dec 23, 2009
Saturday Dec 22, 2007
By identity on Dec 22, 2007
In these days of crass materialism, questionable ethics and dire threats to political and economic stability, I take heart in the magnificence of the human spirit and the grandeur of relationships that link us together. As a holiday wish to all of you, let me share a few lines I penned several years ago, as a wish of hope and joy from the Dixon family.
Like brilliant golden strands
Woven delicately yet boldly
Among more dreary threads
To create a magnificent tapestry,
Our lives converge
In brief but sparkling brightness,
And then intertwine into
Borne of common hopes and dreams.
Of human souls,
Guided by an unseen hand,
Link our lives together,
Miracles of light,
Illuminating our hearts and minds
Amidst the harshness and the gloom
Of mortal life,
Ever weaving and preparing
The glorious, eternal tapestry
Mark G. Dixon
November 15, 1996
Happy Holidays from all of the Dixons in Mesa, Arizona.
Discovering Identity was founded on blogs.sun.com in May 2005 as a means of documenting my exploration of the field of Identity and Access Management. In February, 2010, I switched to hosting the blog at DiscoveringIdentity.com. In March 2012, I began posting Oracle-related information in both places.
Thanks for stopping by.
Please connect with me in cyberspace at LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Oracle Identity Management 11g R2: Securing the New Digital Experience
- Oracle Event: Database Enterprise User Security
- Titantic Catastrophe: Compliant Doesn’t Mean Secure
- The Linked Data Strategy for Global Identity
- Resurrecting Discovering Identity on Blogs.Oracle.Com
- How Many iPhone Apps Do You Use?
- Oracle Street in Mesa, Arizona
- Identity Services for Cloud Computing
- Users of Cloud-based Services
- Boomeranging Back to Oracle