By identity on Jun 02, 2009
For my first test, I searched the term "Identity Management" on both engines and observed a few interesting things in the top ten results:
- Wikipedia, that bastion of Internet truth, is the first item in the results list.
- Oracle Identity Management was second and fifth on Bing, but was aced out by Ash's Identity Management Rantings on Google. Congratulations, Ash!
- Sun Identity Management came in after Oracle on Google (an interesting fact, considering the pending merger), but alas, didn't show up on the Bing list.
- Both engines included Novell and Quest, but only Bing showed Microsoft.
- The "Discovering Identity" blog didn't make the top ten list on either site. Grrr!
Robin Wauters posted a more in-depth review in Yesterday's Washington Post.
I suppose these and other inconsistencies will keep Search Engine Optimization experts on their toes as Microsoft tries to mount a serious challenge to Google's search supremacy.
By the way, with its picturesque mountain landscape, you've got to admit that Bing wins the search engine beauty contest.
Technorati Tags: search, google, bing