Top Ten Catalyst Takeaways
By identity on Jul 31, 2009
Here is my list of the most important ideas or concepts I gleaned from the conference.
- The biggest challenges facing the Identity Management industry are business issues, rather than technology.
- Much more discussion focused on the process of Identity Management than the tools of Identity Management.
- Discussions about user-centric or user-controlled Identity were focused more on what the practical business models might be, rather than on enabling technology.
- The quest for business efficiency has perhaps overtaken regulatory compliance as the most important driver for Identity Management.
- Role management, while still having challenges, is very much in the mainstream of implementation and use.
- Federation has become a forgone conclusion, rather than a theoretical exercise.
- Entitlement management is gaining traction, but still needs much much work.
- Several Identity Services companies are emerging as recognition is growing that Identity as a service is critical to cloud computing.
- Privacy has emerged as a leading topic in its own right, rather than a subordinate topic within discussions of security and Identity Management.
- The terminology used within the Identity Management market is still not precise, particularly in areas such as role management and entitlements management.
Thanks for stopping by.
Technorati Tags: Identity, IdentityManagement, DigitalIdentity, Catalyst09, CatalystConference, BurtonGroup