Identity and Access Management - Enabling HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
By identity on Nov 17, 2009
The white paper I mentioned several days ago, Identity and Access Management – Enabling HIPAA/HITECH Compliance, is now hot off the press and ready for download. Thanks to all the great people at Sun Microsystems that contributed to this project and made it a reality. Hopefully, the paper will be beneficial to those who are facing the challenges of how to comply with the increasing regulations surrounding management of healthcare data and information systems.
The paper’s abstract reads:
As healthcare organizations and vendors become more reliant on digital information technology, complying with increasing regulatory requirements presents a range of challenges. This paper explores the requirements that these organizations face, best practices for implementing identity management systems that help ensure compliance, and how Sun’s pragmatic approach to identity management simplifies the technology environment.
The table of contents:
- Executive Summary
- Healthcare Information Technology Challenges
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- Impact of HIPAA, HITECH and Related Regulations
- The Role of IAM in HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
- Sun IAM Product Introduction
- Best Practices for the IAM/Compliance Journey
- How to Get Started with HIPAA/HITECH and IAM
- The Sun IAM Workshop
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss the content in more detail.