By Rohan Pinto on Jan 17, 2008
Readme for Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v22.214.171.124 THIS TOOL IS UNSUPPORT BY MICROSOFT PRODUCT SUPPORT SERVICES System Requirements =================== - Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional Installation instructions =========================I never thought I'd be publicly saying this. But here goes anyway: Thanks Microsoft. (It wouldnt hurt to be honest and thank someone, would it ?)
You may now use the drive letter as if it were a local CD-ROM device. When you are finished you may unmount, stop, and remove the driver from memory using the driver control.
- Copy VCdRom.sys to your %systemroot%\\system32\\drivers folder.
- Execute VCdControlTool.exe
- Click "Driver control"
- If the "Install Driver" button is available, click it. Navigate to the %systemroot%\\system32\\drivers folder, select VCdRom.sys, and click Open.
- Click "Start"
- Click OK
- Click "Add Drive" to add a drive to the drive list. Ensure that the drive added is not a local drive. If it is, continue to click "Add Drive" until an unused drive letter is available.
- Select an unused drive letter from the drive list and click "Mount".
- Navigate to the image file, select it, and click "OK". UNC naming conventions should not be used, however mapped network drives should be OK.