Five Things I Love about Being a Marketing Intern at Oracle Hospitality
Here at Oracle Hospitality, we’ve started the process of recruiting the two new interns that will spend a year working with our global marketing team. As one of the current interns, I joined the company in July, 2016 and am now half way through my placement so I thought I’d summarize what I love about the role and the company:
1. I’m part of a global team. I had never worked in a marketing department of this scale before, and it has been extremely valuable for me to learn from such a diverse team. The OH marketing team spans five continents – North and South America, Australia, Europe, and Asia – allowing me to gain not only marketing insight, but also global business experience from the awesome people with whom I work every day.
2. It covers the full marketing toolset. A day in the life of an Oracle intern is never the same as any other! I’ve been lucky enough to work on all aspects of marketing, from campaigns to event organization. I created and implemented the social media plan for the launch of our Customer Experience Centre in the UK, and within my second month I was working on our nurture strategy, which involved managing an email marketing campaign to thousands of customers and prospects around the world.
3. I get to learn about Modern Marketing. Every marketer at Oracle follows the Modern Marketing methodology, which offers a fantastic learning path for anyone that wants a career in marketing. There is plenty of online training, and we have access to world-class marketing systems that give us insights on how our campaigns are performing.
4. I’ve been given responsibility. From organizing transport for a celebrity guest to ensuring the sales leads go to the correct sales representative, every single thing we do is important to the success of Oracle Hospitality. My fellow intern manages a corporate hospitality box at Arsenal – he can consult his managers and get help and advice when he needs it, but he makes sure that the facility runs smoothly for our guests. We both really value the responsibility that we’ve been given and know that it will stand us in good stead for our future careers.
5. I get to work on campaigns. We run several campaigns every year and the interns are encouraged to get involved at every stage, from coming up with ideas to creating the online landing pads and measuring the results. It’s hugely rewarding to see an idea come to life and become a successful campaign that helps to engage our industry.
If you want to be surrounded by hard-working, driven individuals and have every opportunity to gain excellent marketing knowledge, then apply for this position today. Just go to the Oracle job search page here. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.