My Blog Client: Mars Edit
I saw Charles Beckham's entry on Mac blogging clients
and felt I needed to send some love to my current blog editor of choice: Mars Edit
I used to be a Ecto
fan, but the development on it has really slowed over the past two years (i.e. almost stopped). And while I really like the rich text WSYWIG mode, as often as not, it has some problem that makes me create my entry in HTML anyway. I have bought it, so I still hold out hope that the long awaited version 3 ships this year
Long story short, I've moved over to Mars Edit and use it extensively. Things I like about it include:
- It's very mac-like in that follows most of the Apple human interface rules.
- What is does, it does without surprise. This isn't always the case with visual editing in Ecto.
- Supports a large number of blogs (although not Roller, except through the MetaWeb compatibility mode). I've posted most of my entries with Mars Edit.
- It has very good image uploading tools. And now with Flickr integration.
- Updates come pretty frequently. Version 2.0 just shipped yesterday.
Overall, Mars Edit just seems to flow better for me.
Hopefully, we'll see some movement on Ecto soon.