By Mohit Phogat on Oct 29, 2013
There are many ways that you might learn about new features and capabilities within our releases, but if you aren’t sure where to start or how best to go about it, we recommend:
- Go to www.peoplesoftinfo.com
- Select the product line you are interested in, and go to the ‘Release Content’ tab
- Use the Video Feature Overviews (VFOs) on YouTube and the Cumulative Feature Overview (CFO) tool to find features and functions.
- The VFOs are brief recordings that summarize some of our most popular capabilities. These recordings are great tools for learning about new features, or helping others to visualize the value they can bring to your organization. The VFOs focus on some of our highest value and most compelling new capabilities. We also provide summarized ‘Why Upgrade to 9.2’ VFOs for HCM, Financials, and Supply Chain.
- The CFO is a spreadsheet based tool that allows you to select the release you are currently on, and compare it to the new release. It will return the list of all new features and capabilities, by product. You can browse the full list and / or highlight areas that look particularly interesting.
- Once you have a list of features by product, use the Release Value Proposition, Pre-Release Notes, and the Release Notes documents to get more details on and supporting value statements about why those features will be helpful.
- Gather additional data and supporting information, including:
- Go to the Product Data Sheets tab, and review the respective data sheets. These summarize the capabilities in the product, and provide succinct value statements for the product and capabilities.
- The PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade page, which has many helpful resources.
- We recommend that you go through the above steps for the application areas of interest, as well as for PeopleTools. There are many areas in PeopleTools 8.53 and the 9.2 application releases that combine technical and functional capabilities to deliver transformative value.
- We also recommend that you review the Portal Solutions content. With your license to PeopleSoft applications, you have access to many of the most powerful capabilities within the Interaction Hub.
- If you have recently upgraded to PeopleSoft 9.1, and an immediate upgrade to 9.2 is simply not realistic, you can apply the same approaches described here to find untapped capabilities in your current products. Many of the features in 9.2 were delivered first in our 9.1 Feature Packs. To find the Release Value Proposition, Pre-Release Notes, and Release Notes for these releases, search on ‘PeopleSoft 9.1 Documentation Home Page’ on My Oracle Support, and select your desired product area.