By HarishVenkat-Oracle on Mar 30, 2015
The 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards have named five CIOs of the Year who are featured in the latest edition of Oracle Magazine.
This year's winners have aligned business and technology to succeed in our fast paced, ever changing market. They have managed disruption to the benefit of their businesses. What do these CIOs have in common? They're visionaries who are focused on their customers and adopting technologies that will enable their businesses to thrive and innovate. All of these CIOs are doing this by leveraging an integrated technology infrastructure.
IDC expects the worldwide integrated systems market to grow from $7.3 billion in 2013 to $17.9 billion in 2018 and estimates that 15% of the IT hardware market (server, external storage, and networking) will be sold as part of an integrated system by 2018.
I'd like to congratulate the Oracle Excellence Awards CIOs of the Year and invite you to read their stories:
- Nam-Seuk Han, senior vice president and CIO at SK Telecom —Asia Pacific
- Jordi Fontanals, chief operations officer (and former CIO) of CaixaBank in Barcelona, Spain —EMEA
- Yoshifumi Ozawa, general manager of the IT Solution Division at Mazda Motor Corporation —Japan
- Patricio Melo, executive vice president of IT and operations at Banco Davivienda in Bogotá, Colombia —Latin America
- Marty Schoenthaler, vice president and CIO at ADM —North America