The Ideal Platform for Oracle Database 12c In-Memory and in-memory Applications
By Michael Palmeter -Engineered Systems Product Management-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
Oracle SuperCluster, Oracle's SPARC M6 and T5 servers, Oracle Solaris, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, and Oracle Enterprise Manager have been co-engineered with Oracle Database and Oracle applications to provide maximum In-Memory performance, scalability, efficiency and reliability for the most critical and demanding enterprise deployments. The In-Memory option for the Oracle Database 12c, which has just been released, has been specifically optimized for SPARC servers running Oracle Solaris.
The unique combination of Oracle's M6 32 Terabytes Big Memory Machine and Oracle Database 12c In-Memory demonstrates 2X increase in OLTP performance and 100X increase in analytics response times, allowing complex analysis of incredibly large data sets at the speed of thought. Numerous unique enhancements, including the large cache on the SPARC M6 processor, massive 32 TB of memory, uniform memory access architecture, Oracle Solaris high-performance kernel, and Oracle Database SGA optimization, result in orders of magnitude better transaction processing speeds across a range of in-memory workloads.
- Oracle Database 12c In-Memory
- The Power of Oracle SuperCluster and In-Memory Applications (Video, 3:13)
- Oracle’s In-Memory applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite In-Memory Cost Management on the Oracle SuperCluster M6-32 (PDF)
- Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One In-Memory Applications on Oracle SuperCluster M6-32 (PDF)
- Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One In-Memory Sales Advisor on the SuperCluster M6-32 (PDF)
- Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One Project Portfolio Management on the SuperCluster M6-32 (PDF)