By kgee on Sep 17, 2013
For the hardware fanatics out there, Oracle OpenWorld is just about here and we have all the details you need to get the most out of your time. The keynote will be given by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, on Sunday, September 22 at 5:00 p.m. to kick off the whole event. This will be held in Hall D at Moscone North. Don’t miss it!
Here are some of the Systems highlights during the 5-day event:
- Over 70 Server, Engineered Systems and Oracle Solaris sessions plus many others covering database and systems management, virtuaization, security and more
- Meet with Oracle Server developers and product teams
- 50+ demos running on Oracle Servers and Engineered Systems
Many of the System sessions will be held in the Westin San Francisco on Market Street.
Some highlights of the upcoming sessions include:
- General Session: What's New with Oracle Engineered Systems—Moscone North
- Oracle Exadata--What’s New and Coming—Moscone South
- What’s Next for Oracle Engineered Systems: A Customer Panel
- Oracle Solaris Strategy, Engineering Insights, and Roadmap
- SPARC Systems Update and Roadmap
There will also be sessions specifically for SPARC servers, Engineered Systems and Solaris. You can learn about Using Solaris Zones to Enhance Cloud Platforms, Breakthroughs in SPARC Processor Technology and In-Memory Computing and What’s New and What’s Coming in Oracle Exadata.
After your sessions, you will be given the opportunity to meet with Oracle developers and product teams. Lunch, coffee, and recharging stations will be provided.
Also, you will be given the chance to try things out in our hands-on lab sessions, including:
- Servers: Database Cloning, Oracle FLEXCUBE, In-Memory Features of M-Series, Consolidation with Oracle Database 12c, Oracle x86 System Advantages, Improving SAP Operations and Performance, Virtualization on SPARC, and many more
- Engineered Systems: SuperCluster T5, Exadata, In-Memory DB for Exalytics, Oracle Database Appliance, Fusion Middleware on Exalogic, Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance, and check out the Engineered Systems Showcase outside keynote Hall D
- Solaris: Optimizing Oracle Databases, Extreme Availability, Virtualization and Consolidation, Software Defined Networking
Challenge yourself to soak up as much information as you can! Oracle OpenWorld is only one week long! Don’t forget about Customer Appreciation Night on Wednesday, September 25. It’s a chance to let loose, soak up a great view of San Francisco, and dance the night away with Maroon 5 and The Black Keys. It’s the best party in town!
Follow this link for the full schedule of events:
Which Systems event are you looking forward to at Oracle OpenWorld?