Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) 126.96.36.199 adds Oracle ADF Tooling Support
By Greg Stachnick-Oracle on Feb 09, 2011
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) 188.8.131.52 is now available and includes first-time support for Oracle ADF development in Eclipse. Installers for OEPE 184.108.40.206 as well as Eclipse Update instructions can be found on the OEPE downloads page.
Here is an overview of the new features of OEPE 220.127.116.11:
Support for Oracle ADF Faces
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) 18.104.22.168 now provides support for development with Oracle ADF 22.214.171.124. These features focus on enablement and configuration of the ADF Runtime with Eclipse and WebLogic Server 10.3.4 as well as design time tools for ADF Faces.
- A new OEPE 126.96.36.199 installer bundles WebLogic Server 10.3.4, Coherence 3.6, and Oracle ADF 188.8.131.52.
- New Server Extensions allow you to download and install the ADF Runtime libraries into an existing WebLogic Server from within Eclipse.
- New Project Templates and Facets are available for ADF Faces development (ADF Web).
- New ADF validators with QuickFix options will check common descriptors for the appropriate ADF configurations.
- ADF-enabled JSP templates supporting multiple layouts are available under the New menu.
- New Remote and Local run/deploy support for ADF applications to WebLogic Server 10.3.4
- The Palette now supports drag and drop of ADF Faces and Data Visualization Tools (DVT) tags and includes editors for eash tag configuration.
- The Eclipse Property Sheet has been enhanced to provide advanced ADF tag configuration.
- AppXRay dependency engine provides improved validation, code completion, and hyperlink navigation for ADF Faces and DVT Tags
- The Eclipse Web Page Editor enables a more productive source editing experience for ADF Faces.
UI Consolidation for WebLogic Server Tools
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 184.108.40.206 includes a more streamlined UI for WebLogic Server development.
- You can now view deployments within the Servers view to understand which modules have been deployed to the domain.
- The MBean Browser View has been merged with the Servers view enabling easier access to MBean values while still allowing Drag and Drop to WLST scripts.
- WebLogic Server configuration options have been moved to the Properties window, right-click a server configuration and select Properties.