Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) 22.214.171.124 now available with Eclipse 3.6 Helios Support
By gstachni-Oracle on Aug 02, 2010
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) 126.96.36.199 is now available and provides support for Eclipse 3.6 Helios. By building on the new Eclipse platform version, OEPE 188.8.131.52 allows users to leverage new Java EE 6 tools including JSF 2.0 and other new Java EE 6 standards like Servlet 3.0, EJB 3.1, and JPA 2.0.
Other new features of interest include:
Oracle Coherence Tools
New tools are included for users to develop, run, and debug against Oracle Coherence. OEPE 184.108.40.206 provides Coherence launch configurations, which help streamline launching and debugging a Coherence cache server from within Eclipse.
Design time tools include a new Coherence project facet which enables project and library configuration as well as a new Oracle Coherence override descriptor editor with wizards, validation, and integrated help for the Coherence Override configuration file.
WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) Features
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 220.127.116.11 offers new features for WebLogic Server administration and provisioning with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) support. This rich set of features, based on the popular PyDev IDE, supports the following areas:
· Complete Jython/Python IDE for WLST, based on PyDev, provides full syntax highlighting, validation, and code completion for WLST scripts
· Define and reuse WLST templates to accelerate WLST script editing
· Oracle WebLogic MBean Explorer visualizes the server MBean tree, is synchronized with the Properties view to display MBean values, and supports easy drag and drop to the WLST script
· An integrated WLST console provides script execution and debugging tools from within Eclipse in both online and offline modes
· The new WLST Help view makes it easy to access documentation for WLST commands
Oracle Glassfish Server Tools
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 18.104.22.168 includes new server plugins for Oracle Glassfish. This includes full server configuration, deployment, and debugging support for Eclipse projects on Glassfish Server versions 2.x and 3.x.
Web Services Annotations Editor
A new property sheet is available for Web Service developers. Users can launch WebLogic Web Service Annotations view when working with a Java Web Service to view and configure JAX-WS annotations. The annotations property sheet is also useful for reviewing default annotation values.
JDBC Data Source Deployment Descriptor Editor
A new WebLogic Server deployment descriptor editor is included for JDBC Data Source configuration which provides wizards, schema validation, and integrated context sensitive help for the jdbc-data-source.xml schema.