An Introduction to the Provisioning Pack...
By HariSrinivasan on Nov 08, 2006
The provisioning pack introduced in 10gR2,automates deployment of software, applications and patches. It makes critical data centre operations easy, efficient and scalable resulting in lower operational risk and cost of ownership. The ability to provision the entire software stack that includes the operating system, the middleware and the database, supplemented by comprehensive reporting tools make Provisioning Pack an extremely significant entity in overall System Management Space.
- Automated patching for Oracle products and the operating system.
- Critical Patch Facility.
- Software Image Library.
- Bare Metal Provisioning.
- Flexible, extensible Deployment Procedures based Patching and Provisioning.
- Database and Oracle Home Cloning.
- Database, RAC, Application Server and Application Provisioning.
- Extend Cluster and Add Instance.
- Single Instance -to - RAC conversion.
- Enterprise Security Advisor.
Access the Datasheet.