Tuesday Sep 20, 2011
Monday Sep 05, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Sep 05, 2011
A question came up on our internal mail lists asking whether a view object might "trim" its select statement if some of the attributes we never used; e.g. they weren't bound to a page.
I wanted to test this out so a simple trick to ensure you can see the select statement that is being sent to the database is the following. For the ViewController project, right click and Select Project Properties and then Run/Debug/Profile. In the resulting dialog set Java Options to -Djbo.debugoutput=console
This will ensure that the SELECT statement (and alot more besides) will be sent to the log console window in JDeveloper, as show below.
This is a really valuable tip for tracing out what the framework is doing when you perform specific actions in your application
Tuesday Aug 23, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Aug 23, 2011
A question came up on the ODTUG forums today about redeveloping an existing Forms application because the UI looked dated. The question is something that I hear a lot and so I wrote an article discussing the pros, cons and case studies. This article was first published in the ODTUG Technical Journal.
So if you are considering rewriting a Forms application because you think it looks dated you may want to first of all read this.
Wednesday Jun 15, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Jun 15, 2011
The UKOUG are running a Special event on the 22nd June in London with some of the leading experts in Oracle development. The theme of the day is Oracle Development Tools Landscape and covers topics such as Forms migration, ADF as part of Oracle's Fusion initiative, customer experiences, SQL developer, Web Center and UI modernization.
The event is based in Oracle's City office in London on the 22nd June. There are only a few places left for what should be a "sell out" event. Please go to the link for the full agenda and registration details.
Tips, Tricks, Events and Information around Oracle JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle Forms
- Running Apex applications from ADF Mobile on-device
- Get a perspective on mobile development : UK event 14th May.
- ADF Architecture and Best Practices Continuing around the globe
- Oracle Mobile Strategy at OUG Ireland Conference
- Strategies for Moving Forms Applications to Mobile Devices
- What is Oracle Mobile Suite
- Survey for Oracle Forms Users
- Is ADF the right choice? Understanding your options
- ADF Mobile - attached device not being recognised
- ADF Architecture and Best Practices Course - March 11th - 14th 2014